Zion's Rosemary Grilled Steak
Updated: Mar 27, 2019
We love Rosemary because it enhances flavor tremendously, but it also contains substances that are great for digestion and circulation. So, wipe that drool off your chin, and head to the kitchen to make this delicious and healthy steak!
2 Zion's Farm Filet Steaks
2 Zion's Farm New York Strips
4 sprigs Rosemary, leaves picked and finely chopped
1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper (per side)
1 tablespoon of avocado or grape seed oil
1) Place steaks on cutting board
2) Salt and pepper steaks on each side
3) Place Rosemary on each side of steaks
4) Add 1 tbsp of cooking oil to a seasoned cast-iron skillet and turn the burner to medium heat
5) Place steaks into the hot pan (it should sizzle). Cook for 2-3 minutes per side - do not overcook!
6) Let the steaks finish cooking on the cutting board for 4 to 8 minutes before cutting into them (if you want your steaks medium, cook the them in the skillet for an additional 2 minutes)
7) Plate and enjoy!
Tip: We love to pair our Rosemary Grilled Steak with bacon sautéed asparagus as a side dish.
For adults, we find that Cabernet Franc from Bluestone Vineyard compliments this dish perfectly!
Note: The knife we are using is by Rudy Dean Custom Knifes - Damascus Steel Blade, handmade here in the Shenandoah Valley! Feel free to check them out here: http://www.rudydeancustomknives.com
You might have noticed from our recipes that we love using cast iron and here's why!
3 Reasons cooking with Cast Iron is Good for Your Health
1) You can use less oil! That lovely sheen on-cast iron cookware is the sign of a well-seasoned pan, which renders it virtually nonstick!
2) Cast-iron is a chemical-free alternative to nonstick pans.
3) Cast-iron actually fortifies your food with iron!
We hope you love this dish! Please, feel free to comment below once you try our Rosemary Grilled Steak at home!