Updated: Apr 4, 2019
This dish is perfect for those chilly nights that require delicious, warming, and hearty comfort food. Whether you're warming by the fire or preparing a meal for the family you can't go wrong with this spectacular Potato Soup! Follow these steps to wow your audience and bring comfort to your dinner table.
1 Instant Pot Multi-Use Pressure Cooker
1 Kitchen Aid Immersion Blender
2 1/2 lbs. potatoes
1 can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
3 cups of chicken broth
3-4 slices of bacon (include more for garnish)
1 tablespoon of butter
1 cup of milk
1 tablespoon of flour
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
3 cloves of garlic
2 teaspoons of salt
2 tablespoons of dried onion
3 dashes of white pepper; 1 dash of black pepper
(optional) Zion's Farm Breakfast Sausage
1) Cook 3-4 slices of bacon on medium-high heat in frying pan until rendered and crispy. Place on plate with paper towel and set aside.
2) Reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon grease and add to Instant Pot with 1 tablespoon of butter.
3) Finely chop 3 cloves of garlic and add to Instant Pot along with 3 cups of chicken broth, 1 can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup, salt, dried onion, and your white/black peppers.
4.) Peel your potatoes and cube into chunks; add to Instant Pot and do a rough mix to incorporate all ingredients.
5) Cook in Instant Pot on normal high pressure for 10 minutes with vent valve set to "seal."
6) After 10 minutes do a quick release on the valve. In separate bowl whisk together a slurry of milk and flour.
7) Set Instant Pot to "saute" and add slurry to mixture in pot. Cook 4-5 minutes until thickens. Use immersion blender to puree for fine or small potato chunks.
8) Add chopped bacon pieces to pot along with cheddar cheese to create a smooth, rich soup mixture. For added flavor, cook up some Zion's Farm Breakfast Sausage into crumbles and sprinkle on top of soup!
For vegetarian option you can also add steamed broccoli to complement the richness of the soup.
Serve in bowls and dig in! We know you'll love this recipe as much as we do!