Homemade Fruit Roll-Ups
We have a healthy alternative to those treats that your children (and you) love: homemade fruit roll-ups
All it takes is two simple ingredients!
2 cups chopped strawberries
1 cup applesauce
1. Preheat your oven to 175F
2. Chop up your strawberries and add them to a blender or food processor. Pour the applesauce on top. Blend until it's a smooth puree.
3. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Depending on your sheet size, you may need two sheets.
4. Pour the puree onto the parchment paper and smooth it out into a rectangle, to cover the parchment paper. Your fruit puree should be spread thinly and evenly, so your fruit leather bakes evenly throughout.
5.Once spread out evenly, put your trays in the oven. You will leave them in there until the puree is dry to the touch, it will not be gummy when it's done. The baking time will be around 1.5-2 hours, but will depend slightly on your oven, the thickness of your fruit, and the cookie sheet you use.
The pictures above show the mixture spread out before baking (left), and when it's done baking (right).
6. Once it is done baking, let it cool and then cut into strips. Roll up your fruit strips and enjoy!